We’re committed to creating meaningful long-term relationships with trusted producers and suppliers who care about quality and sustainability as much as we do, and who share our values.
The Gousto Market is full of brands we trust and little ones we love to champion. We want you to be able to enjoy meal times that little more by providing you with some complimentary items; wine, kitchen utensils, snacks and most importantly desserts. Keep an eye out as we are always adding new things for you to try.
We work closely with our suppliers to get the best quality ingredients into your Gousto box, tasted and approved by our chefs and protected by thoroughly testing our packaging.
Before we start working with a new supplier, they must go through rigorous vetting to make sure they meet our high standards for quality, safety and sustainability. We meet regularly with our suppliers to learn about new ingredients we could use in our recipes.
Where does Gousto get vegetables from?
We use as much seasonal British produce as possible in our recipes. However, to make sure our menus are varied and interesting throughout the year, we also source vegetables from overseas when necessary.
We take care to make sure your vegetables are as fresh as possible when they arrive in your box, and are proud to have a wide range of different vegetables in our recipes, from local classics to specialist choices including Romano peppers, pak choi, Tenderstem® broccoli and chicory.
We do occasionally provide you with some prepared vegetables for convenience (such as butternut squash, which can take time to peel and chop), however these should still arrive fresh and in good condition.
Where does Gousto get meat and poultry from?
All our fresh meat is 100% British and sourced from Red Tractor approved farms. Our Eggs are also British and free range.
Where does Gousto get fish and seafood from?
We take great care to make sure that all of our fish and seafood is responsibly sourced. Currently, we use the following fish and seafood in our recipes:
- Cod: MSC certified; sourced from Norway, Iceland, Russia and Canada.
- Sea Bass & Sea Bream: Sourced from the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Greece and Turkey.
- Haddock: MSC certified; sourced from the northeast Atlantic Ocean.
- Mackerel: Sourced from the northeast Atlantic Ocean.
- Tinned tuna: Hand-caught by line & pole (never from nets); sourced from the East Atlantic Ocean.
- Salmon: Sourced from Scotland and Norway.
- Basa: Sourced from Vietnam.
- Crab: Caught and hand-picked in Penzance, Cornwall.
- Prawns: Product is frozen immediately after catch – do not refreeze; sourced from the Indian Ocean.
- Jumbo Prawns: Wild caught in the South East Atlantic.
- Scallops: Wild caught in the South East Atlantic.
Where does Gousto get dairy from?
Some of the cheeses supplied in our recipes – such as halloumi from Cyprus and feta from Greece – have PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) status, meaning they have to be from a specific location and made in a certain way.
All of our dairy is vegetarian friendly – any rennet used isn’t animal based – as well as being made with pasteurised milk.
All our yoghurt is organic, from Yeo Valley in Somerset and all of our creams are from Yester Farm Dairies just outside of Edinburgh, Scotland.