When your box arrives, you probably won't be cooking all of your recipes at once (unless you’re absolutely starving!). To make sure you get the best shelf life from your fresh ingredients, try to store them right away when you unpack your box:
For your fridge:
- Ingredients from your cool box.
- Fruit (except tomatoes), leafy vegetables, cauliflower, carrots, courgettes, cabbage, peppers, green beans, radishes, broccoli and mushrooms.
- Fresh ginger.
- Fresh herbs (except basil – it doesn’t like the cold!).
For your cupboard:
- Garlic cloves.
- Squash, cucumber, aubergine and root vegetables (except carrots) - keep potatoes and onions separate.
- The brown paper bag of spices (and other bits and bobs).
For your freezer:
- Any meat or fish (except prawns and scallops) that you don’t want to eat right away.
- Ice packs – you can reuse these!
Top tip: Check the use-by date on the recipe card before you add any recipe to your box - try to make sure you will have time to cook all of your recipes within their respective dates