When your box arrives, you probably won't be cooking all of your recipes at once (unless you’re batch cooking… or absolutely starving!). Make sure you get the best shelf life from your fresh ingredients by storing them properly as soon as you unpack your box.
For your fridge
- Ingredients from your cool box.
- Fruit (except tomatoes), leafy vegetables, cauliflower, carrots, courgettes, cabbage, peppers, avocados, cucumbers, green beans, radishes, broccoli and mushrooms.
- Fresh ginger.
- Fresh herbs (except basil – it doesn’t like the cold!).
For your cupboard
- Garlic cloves
- Squash, aubergine and root vegetables (except carrots). Keep potatoes and onions separate from each other to prevent your potatoes from sprouting.
- The brown paper bag of spices (and other bits and bobs).
For your freezer
- Any meat or fish labelled as suitable for freezing that you don’t want to eat right away.
- Ice packs – you can reuse these. To dispose them, drain the water and recycle them at larger supermarkets with plastic bags.
Tip: Before you order, check the use-by date on each of the recipes on the menu to make sure you can enjoy them in time.