Make sure you get the best shelf life from your fresh ingredients by storing them properly as soon as you unpack your box.
For your fridge:
- Ingredients from your cool box.
- Fruit (except tomatoes), leafy vegetables, cauliflower, carrots, courgettes, cabbage, peppers, avocados, cucumbers, green beans, radishes, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Fresh ginger.
- Fresh herbs (except basil – it doesn’t like the cold!).
For your cupboard:
- Garlic cloves.
- Squash, aubergine, and root vegetables (except carrots). Keep potatoes and onions separate from each other to prevent your potatoes from sprouting.
- The brown paper bag of spices (and other bits and bobs).
For your freezer:
- Any meat or fish labelled as suitable for freezing that you don’t want to eat right away.
- Ice packs – you can reuse these. To dispose of them, drain the water and recycle them at larger supermarkets with plastic bags.
Tip: Before you order, check the use-by date on each of the recipes on the menu to make sure you can enjoy them in time.