Moving from cans to Tetra Paks is a small packaging switch that will make a really big impact to your Gousto box. Not only will using Tetra Paks create an impressive reduction in our carbon footprint, it will also mean more of your ingredients arrive undamaged by heavy cans.
Let’s unpack some of the benefits of switching from tin cans to Tetra Paks:
- Tetra Paks weigh less than traditional cans and are recyclable/fit into existing carton recycling programs. Tetra Paks create 60% less waste than steel cans even after taking recycling into account.
- Lighter and more compact packaging also helps reduce the amount of fuel used across the entire supply chain. For example, they use 16% fewer pallets and containers than cans so when delivering Tetra Paks to our warehouses, one truck can deliver nine times the quantity of Tetra Pak cartons than empty cans.
- The paperboard used in the package is sourced only from well-managed forests certified by strict FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) standards.
- Tetra Paks use an impressive 50% less energy than steel cans throughout their entire lifecycle.
- Tetra Paks generate half the amount of greenhouse gases (gases associated with global warming) than steel cans.
Interested in which ingredients will now be stored in Tetra Paks? You can find out here.